Langsung ke konten utama

The Cunning Fox and the Clever Stork



The Cunning Fox and the Clever Stork



Once upon a time, there lived a very cunning and mischievous fox. He used to speak to other animals sweetly and gain their trust, before playing tricks on them.
One day the fox met a stork. He befriended the stork and acted like a very good friend. Soon, he invited the stork to have a feast with him. The stork happily accepted the invitation.
The day of the feast came, and the stork went to the fox’s house. To her surprise and disappointment, the fox said that he could not make a big feast as promised, and just offered some soup. When he brought the soup out of the kitchen, the stork saw that it was in a shallow bowl!
Cunning Fox and the Clever StorkThe poor stork could not have any soup with its long bill, but the fox easily licked the soup from the plate. As the stork just touched the soup with the tip of its bill, the fox asked her, “How is the soup? Don’t you like it?”
The hungry stork replied, “Oh it is good, but my stomach is upset, and I can’t take any more soup!”
“I’m sorry for troubling you,” said the fox.
The stork replied, “Oh dear, please don’t say sorry. I have some health problem and cannot enjoy what you offer.”
She left the place after thanking the fox and inviting him to her house for dinner.
Cunning Fox and the Clever Stork StoryThe day arrived and the fox reached the stork’s place. After exchanging pleasantries, the stork served soup for both of them, in a narrow jar with a long neck. She was able to have the soup very easily with her long bill, but the fox obviously could not.
After finishing hers, the stork asked the fox if he was enjoying the soup. The fox remembered the feast he himself had given the stork and felt very ashamed. He stammered, “I…I’d better leave now. I have a tummy ache.”
Humiliated, he left the place running.
"Moral: One bad turn begets another"

Translate in Indonesia

 Rubah Licik dan Bangau Pintar

Dahulu kala, tinggal seekor rubah yang sangat licik dan nakal. Dia biasa berbicara dengan binatang lain dengan manis dan mendapatkan kepercayaan mereka, sebelum memainkan trik pada mereka.

Suatu hari rubah bertemu dengan seekor bangau. Dia berteman dengan bangau dan bertingkah seperti teman yang sangat baik. Tak lama kemudian, dia mengundang bangau untuk mengadakan pesta bersama dia. Bangau dengan senang hati menerima undangan itu.

Hari pesta datang, dan bangau pergi ke rumah si rubah. Mengejutkan dan kecewa, si rubah mengatakan bahwa dia tidak bisa mengadakan pesta besar seperti yang dijanjikan, dan hanya menawari sup. Ketika dia membawa sup keluar dari dapur, bangau melihat supnya disajikan di mangkuk dangkal!

Bangau malang itu tidak bisa minum sup dengan paruhnya yang panjang, tapi si rubah dengan mudah menjilat sup dari piring. Saat bangau itu hanya menyentuh sup dengan ujung paruhnya, si rubah bertanya kepadanya, "Bagaimana supnya? Tidakkah kamu menyukainya? "

Si bangau yang lapar menjawab, "Oh supnya enak, tapi perut saya tidak enak, dan saya tidak bisa minum sup lagi!"

"Saya minta maaf karena mengganggu Anda," kata si rubah.

Bangsawan itu menjawab, "Oh, tolong jangan minta maaf. Saya memiliki beberapa masalah kesehatan dan tidak dapat menikmati apa yang Anda tawarkan. "

Dia meninggalkan tempat itu setelah berterima kasih kepada rubah tersebut, dan mengundangnya ke rumahnya untuk makan malam.

Akhirnya tiba hari dimana rubah mencapai tempat bangau. Setelah bertukar basa-basi, bangau itu menyajikan sup untuk mereka berdua, di dalam toples sempit dengan leher panjang. Dia bisa memiliki sup dengan sangat mudah dengan paruhnya yang panjang, tapi rubahnya jelas tidak bisa.

Setelah menyelesaikan tugasnya, burung bangau itu bertanya kepada rubah apakah dia sedang menikmati supnya. Rubah itu mengingat pesta yang dia sendiri berikan pada bangau itu, dan merasa sangat malu. Dia tergagap, "Saya ... sebaiknya aku pergi sekarang. Aku sakit perut. "

Dengan malu, ia meninggalkan tempat itu.

Moral: Satu tikungan buruk menghasilkan yang lain.


Text Structure
Language Features




Orientation
Once upon a time, there lived a very
cunning and mischievous fox. He used
to speak to other animals sweetly and
gain their trust, before playing tricks on them.
One day the fox met a stork. He befriended the stork and acted like a very good friend. Soon, he invited the stork to have a feast with him. The stork happily accepted the invitation.

ü  Who
ü  Where
ü  Action verb
ü  Linking words











Complication
The day of the feast came, and the stork
went to the fox’s house. To her surprise
and disappointment, the fox said that he
could not make a big feast as promised,
and just offered some soup. When he brought the soup out of the kitchen, the stork saw that it was in a shallow bowl!
The poor stork could not have any soup with its long bill, but the fox easily licked the soup from the plate. As the stork just touched the soup with the tip of its bill, the fox asked her, “How is the soup? Don’t you like it?”
The hungry stork replied, “Oh it is good, but my stomach is upset, and I can’t take any more soup!”
“I’m sorry for troubling you,” said the fox.
The stork replied, “Oh dear, please don’t say sorry. I have some health problem and cannot enjoy what you offer.”

She left the place after thanking the fox and inviting him to her house for dinner.
ü  Action verb
ü  Mental process
ü  who
ü  Where




Resolution

The day arrived and the fox reached the
stork’s plac
e. After exchanging
pleasantries, the stork served soup for both
of them, in a narrow jar with a long neck.
She was able to have the soup very easily
with her long bill, but the fox obviously could not.
After finishing hers, the stork asked the fox if he was enjoying the soup. The fox remembered the feast he himself had given the stork and felt very ashamed. He stammered, “I…I’d better leave now. I have a tummy ache.”
Humiliated, he left the place running.
ü  Who
ü  Mental process
ü  Action verb
ü  Linking words
ü  Where

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Goal 4 Equality in education

Heya today I'm going to post an art made by me and my friend Adila. It's actually a mind map from this link  https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/education/  I hope you're interested in our art and open the link ;) Enjoy!!

Axolotl The Master of Regeneration

Hey there. Now in this post, I'm going to write all about the animal I really admire, axolotl. The Scientific Classification for Axolotl is Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Amphibia Order: Urodela Family: Ambystomatidae Genus: Ambystoma Species: A. mexicanum The axolotl is a medium-sized amphibian that is only found in one complex of lakes that are close to Mexico City in south-central Mexico. The axolotl is today kept as a popular freshwater aquarium pet all around the world. The axolotl is most commonly found in albino form as they spend a great deal of their lives hiding under rocks and in crevices on the bottom of the lake. Although axolotls are generally white or pink in color, black, grey and brown coloured axolotls can also be found. The axolotl is a carnivorous animal meaning that the axolotl has a purely meat-based diet. The axolotl eats worms and insect larvae that develop under the surface of the water along with molluscs, cru

All About Me

Hello!! My name is Putri Karima Bestari. You can call me Karima.  I was born in Bandung, Indonesia, 16 April 2002. I am a High School student in 3 National High School in Bandung. My Hobby is listening and playing to music. I like red color. My favorite food is Sushi. I really like Asian cuisine. They make their food with so many rich flavors. Now I live in Bandung with my parents and my elder sister. I really like music, especially classical music. I play violin since I was in the first grade. But it was just for therapy because I had some kind of disorder when I was little, but now I'm fine and well. One of my dreams is to be a fine violinist.  My father and My mother are a geologist. They are so clever and really really good in their studies. I really want to be like them, to follow their footsteps and surpass them. I want to study in ITB (Institute Technology Bandung). ITB is the most popular and the best University in Bandung. And I want to get a scholarship